Saturday, March 20, 2010

Do-right dairy

I love a little milk in my coffee in the morning, yogurt for breakfast and occasionally I like to buy a good cheese. I buy cheese from Spring Hill Cheese Company at the Sunday Santa Monica Farmer's market and Straus Family Creamery milk and yogurt from Whole Foods. I had researched Straus and it looked like a company that valued it's cows and the quality, as opposed to quantity, of milk and yogurt it produced. But the other day I decided to do a little more research and in doing so came across the site Cornucopia (which helps promote small scale farming), where I found a great score card of tons of different dairies. It turns out Straus rates a little lower on their scale than I would have thought. Now I have a few new dairies to try out. I found it really helpful in getting a better sense of the farms I'm considering buying dairy from.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment